Saturday, April 11, 2009

China Glaze Turned Up Turquoise

Hey y'all! Sorry that I deserted you for the last few days! I had family come in town from Wisconsin ... it's still snowing up there! Ack! We took them to the beach and to Kemah (a little boardwalk thingy by the sea that has fun rides! ;)) and today is Easter, so I've been a bit busy! Happy Easter, by the way! This here is not my Easter manicure, but I don't have pictures of my Easter mani yet. You'll have to wait 'till tomorrow! :)
I present to you .... my first neon! Now in real life, this shimmery turquoise is much much brighter and in your face. My silly camera didn't seem to realize this fact. Turned Up Turquoise is a true turquoise, meaning that it is a blue-green that leans very much towards the green side and not so much towards the blue. The fun thing about neons is that they dry matte, so you if you're willing to leave the top coat off you can get this really cool effect. Leaving the color matte also seems to make it pop more ... maybe seem extra neon-y? I dunno. Haha, my brain's not working too good right now ... too much sugar! I had chocolate for breakfast and then a big huge Easter lunch and then I had more sugar and more sugar ... my system's freaking out. ;)
ANYways, back to what I'm supposed to be posting about. Here is a picture of TUT without a top coat.
Err, this picture was taken indoors and the other was taken outside, as I'm sure you can tell. The sun was freaking out on me. I kind of like the matte look better, but you're gonna get more wear out of it if you use a top coat. Alrighty, that's all I have for you now, hopefully I'll get my Easter mani posted tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know that all neons were matte. I just thought it was a few I had. Love the color on you. Sounds like you had a fun Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes ma'am, neons are matte. :) Super fun, eh? And yes, I did have a fun Easter. :)

    ReplyDelete