Monday, May 10, 2010

I just thought that y'all should know.

I AM DONE!

School is out. Over, done, gone. No more finals, no more papers, no more staying up til 5 am studying. Lordy, Lordy, Hallelujah!
I am officially a rising sophomore - no longer the baby of the school.

But... what am I going to do for three desolate months without Trinity? I love Trinity so much - it's a hugely weird feeling to leave for an entire summer. What will I do without my friends? Plus, Winn 323 feels like home, and it's weirding me out to think about never living here again. I know that I'm being totally dramatic and that I'll come back in the fall, but hey, drama defines me.
Not only will I miss all of my friends here, I will also have to get readjusted to my family - things are different now, not in a bad way, just in a different way. We've always been an extremely close family, and now there is a sort of separation between us. I've become independent and more grown-up in the last 9 months, and I'm not sure how that will turn out once I get home.
Sorry, I didn't mean to dump on y'all, but these are just the things at the top of my mind presently. However, one good thing about school being out? I can freaking start posting again. Woot! Oh. my. god. It's still sinking in. I don't have to go to class for a whole summer! No homework! (no ihop runs at 3 in the morning, no random solo dancing in my underwear to wake myself up while Alli watches dying of laughter, no fitting the maximum possible number of people on my bed, no cuddle fests with Libby, Sarah, Alli and Michael, no fits of mock despair in which I pretend to jump off the balcony while first delivery a monologue to the poor people across the quad, no sunning in the rape fields pretending to study, no laughing until Texas tells us to shut up.)

I am excited to go home (and to sleep!), yet I will miss Trinity so dearly over the summer, and cannot wait to come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment