Thursday, July 16, 2009

A review!

All right, who's ready for a real review? Here is OPI Time-less Is More, from a Soft Shades collection somewhere.
Do y'all remember my lemming for a chic, milky, almost-opaque white/off white? Here is the result. It IS milky and chic and almost-opaque and white. Buuut, I wish it was opaque-r. I just have a really hard time with non-opaque colors ... I stare frustratedly at my nails a lot when I wear them. It took 4 coats for me to achieve this level of color/opacity. Application was slightly weird .. you're either going to have to go with 1 coat or 4 coats. On coats 2 and 3 there was significant streakiness.
TIM makes my hands look clean, elegant, and well cared-for. It also makes my fingers look longer, which is always a plus. I don't have short fingers, but I always welcome the look of longer ones. Oh, and another plus is that this will look good on you whether you've got a tan or not. In fact, it kind of made me look like I had a tan. Yay! :)
Sooo, my soft shade lemming should be fulfilled, but now I want a color that leans more to the pink. I have no idea what's wrong with me ... who is this person who craves soft shades? Whatever. I think my next 8ty8 haul will include OPI Bubble Bath and OPI Tickle My France-Y.

p.s. We are starting home to Houston on Saturday, and will arrive on Sunday. You may think that this means resumption of regular posting (was that a word?), but you are wrong. I am leaving to visit my friend in St. Louis for a week on Monday ... my plane leaves at 11:30. Soooo, finger crossed I'll have some decent posts for y'all this coming week, but I can't really promise anything. Sorry!

6 comments:

  1. I like this color on you and I wold like it on me too and I think your choices are perfect those seem like good colors I want to start a blog too
    I hope we can talk soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yeah, I think it's a universally flattering color. I hope you do start a blog, good luck with that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your nails look very pretty, neat and clean. I know what you mean for opaqueness. Just a bit deeper would be nice. Go onto Makeupalley.com and ask the ladies there if they know of another shade to help you. I bet you are having a marvelous summer. Good for you and enjoy yourself at your friends. Don't forget to go shopping for some more polish. That's if you need a reminder, hehe! Have fun Faith.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucy - Yay! I'm glad I'm not crazy. :) And I always forget about MUA, I have no idea why, thanks for reminding me!
    I AM having a fun summer, and I definitely won't forget to buy more polish. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This color looks really nice and neat AND makes your nails look longer. Amazing isn't it?!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Denny - I know, it's a miracle polish! ;D

    ReplyDelete