Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Top Coat Trials: Essie Good To Go!

Oh hello, darlings. Today I've got another installment of the Top Coat trials for you, of Essie's Good To Go! quick dry top coat.

I was pleasantly surprised by this top coat, as I wasn't expecting much, for some reason. However, Good To Go! worked wonderfully for me - it created a thick, glassy coating over my polish that kept me chip-free for days. I loved it. But about 2/3 of the way through the bottle, the polish got gloopy, nasty, and bubbly. Exactly what I didn't like about Seche.

Will I ever find a top coat better than Seche?! I'm starting to lose hope. Essie was almost perfect, but at about the same price point as Seche and with the same drawbacks, it's not worth it to me to buy Essie over Seche.

Someday, my prince (of polish) will come...

6 comments:

  1. I always use Poshe even though it does the same thing. I really want to try Zoya's Armor and fast dry drops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen - Yeah, I'm interested in Zoya Armor as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waaaaoooooo. these pictures and really amazing. I also like the template too much
    www.amazing-nail-art.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved your blog. I wish you would have kept blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you ever try Sally Hansen Insta Dri?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Faith, like all your product reviews and this one about the nail enamel that has a top dry coat is totally amazing. When the top coat dries fast, things become so easy and you can avoid all the mess. Cool review.

    ReplyDelete