Tuesday, March 3, 2009

China Glaze Caribbean Blue

Ok, so if you haven't guessed by now, I love blue. Especially sky blue. In fact, I'm always on the prowl for the perfect sky blue. I bought 2 lighter shades of blue from China Glaze for this reason. Caribbean Blue is one of them. CB is a bright sky blue heavily laced with silver glitter. I'm gonna go ahead and call it glitter since it is pretty large for shimmer.
I compared my nails to the very sunny Houston sky today, and while it is very very close to matching, I think that a truly perfect sky blue would be ever so slightly darker (and not sparkly, hehe). I do like the silver glitter in this, it keeps the blue out of neon territory while still letting it be happy and cheerful. My nails keep catching my eyes and I keep thinking, 'oo! Look at that pretty color!' :)
I used 3 coats, application was a bit thick and gloppy. (what is with me and getting all these gloppy polishes lately? I don't know why I don't have any thinner yet, definately need to make that investment.) Unfortunately the wear on this polish isn't the best either. I don't know if you can tell, but I already had tip wear when I took this photo. And I just got a chip (2nd day of wear) on a finger. Still, its an extremely pretty color that you should definately own. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment