Monday, July 20, 2009

OPI Designer Series Reflection

All right, I've scheduled this bad boy to get posted at the same time my plane takes off, so as you are reading this I am swooshing up into the sky.
I was extremely happy to find a display of OPI Designer Series nail polish a couple of weeks ago at my Ulta, and snapped up Reflection. I could only afford 1, as they're $12.50. Boo! I want Extravagance, Classic, and Coronation. See Scrangie's swatches of these shades here.
The Designer Series is a series of holographic nail polish by OPI. It's awesome. The holographic particles are pretty widely dispersed throughout the nail polish, so at first glance it looks a little like polish very full of holo glitter. No so, dear ones.
Reflection itself is a light, warm red. Scrangie describes it as "hot pink coral with gold duochrome and holo". That makes sense too, but I do think it is red. Light red. I wish it was a darker, richer red, but I'm not complaining.
I really like holo nail polish ... and indeed, who doesn't love rainbow prisms all over their nails? Stupid people, obviously. :D Sorry if I've insulted any of you. ;)
This particular holo effect makes my nails look like velvet. Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment