Thursday, June 10, 2010

OPI Stars in My Eyes

Mm, look at what I found in my mother's bathroom? OPI Stars in My Eyes, from the 2007 Holiday in Hollywood collection. I grabbed it and ran to put it on and then put it in *my* nail polish collection. Oh, the joys of stealing from one's mother! ;)

SiME is a lovely (and work appropriate!) rather sheer silver shimmer. Except it's not an in-your-face silver shimmer... it's more refined than that. I think of this on some glamorous personage wearing black and diamonds living in restrained elegance. I used four coats to get this level of opacity, but it actually looked great at one coat, just far too sheer for me. In fact, this polish didn't get streaky or uneven during any of my 4 coats, which is wonderful.

And the strength of this stuff! I had it on for 4 days before tip wear appeared, much less chipping. I was very impressed. When I took it off after 5 (or was it 6? I can't remember.) days it was simply because I felt like a new color, not because it was chipped all over the place. I also couldn't keep my eyes off of my hands the whole time I wore this - I kept marveling at the beautiful color, and at the wonderful way it set off my hands. It made my fingers look longer and slimmer, always a nice thing (I play piano so much that my fingers are weirdly muscular, and extra length always looks good. :)).
The verdict: 5 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment