Wednesday, December 29, 2010

OPI Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous

(my apologies for the poor clean-up)

Here, at last, is the other polish I bought from the OPI Swiss collection, Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous (can we please have a collective groan for that name?). Its punny name aside, LLM is a beautiful silvery dark gray shimmer/foil. I don't think it quite qualifies as a foil, as the shimmer isn't as overwhelming as a foil tends to be.

This color is both celebratory and quiet, and makes me think of downtown Christmas lights reflected in sidewalk puddles. I think it would work marvelously for occasions that need something sophisticated and yet it also works for something that you would wear holographic glitter eyeliner to.
LLM doesn't have super great wear, but it doesn't do terribly either. I believe I got around 2 or 3 days before any chipping, so it doesn't wear like a glitter or anything. All in all, I've been liking this quite a lot for winter, and want to pair it with black tights and sweaters. I'm also contemplating it for my New Year's manicure, although I think I might want something a bit more over-the-top.

No comments:

Post a Comment