Monday, January 10, 2011

Belated Christmas Post

Well, now that Christmas break is very nearly over, I am finally getting my act together to post a Christmas post. I thought I'd put up a couple of my favorite pictures of break - don't worry, I won't overload you with boring pictures.
Here is our Christmas tree newly chopped down, and the family to go along with it. :) Note how my siblings and I are all the same height now - it's quite odd for my little siblings to be the same height as me... and they are threatening to overtake me. I'm going to be the shortest sibling at 5'6"!
This is Jessica and I all dolled up for our annual Christmas Tea. We decorate a gingerbread nativity scene, carol, and drink tea. It's quite fun.
Every year Grandma comes over and helps us make lebcuchen, a traditional German cookie. The recipe makes 12 dozen, and this is us frosting all 144 cookies. I'd post the recipe, but it's a really long arduous process to make the cookies, and most non-German people don't like lebcuchen because of the anise in the frosting. Also I think our particular recipe is secret? Not sure.
Finally, I really like this picture of Jessica and I on Christmas Day. Mama got us semi-matching pajamas. She's really into us wearing "pretty" nightclothes, and whenever I come home from college wearing my ratty t-shirts and sweatpants to bed, she's appalled and rushes out to the store.

So there you have a tiny synopsis of my Christmas. I go back to school tomorrow, and I am excited for another wonderful semester! Do not fear, I will do my very best to keep posting somewhat regularly! I like blogging again.


No comments:

Post a Comment