Sunday, June 21, 2009

Not a Polish Post

Ok y'all, just take a look at this bike site. Bike site as in bicycle, not bike site as in motorcycle. ;)
I've decided that I would like to buy a bike with my graduation money, as my bike is, um, broken, and was built for someone 6' tall. I think a bike would be infinitely useful on a college campus, and just for tooling around San Antonio (which is where Trinity is ... have I even mentioned that I'm going to be going to Trinity University in the fall? Hopefully I have.). I won't have a car, so I'm pretty sure I'll need a bike. Plus, I'm a little opposed to the idea of owning a car in the first place, just because I'm weird and I'm worried about the environment. My goal is to eventually live somewhere where I won't need a car at all. *cough, New York!, cough*
Now, about these awesome bikes. They're road bikes, which I like the idea of. I've had mountain bikes for most of my life, but I don't really think I need one, seeing as I'm not so into mountain biking. What, going UP hills? No no, I wanted to go DOWN hills. Haha!
Besides being road bikes, these bikes are freaking awesome! Just look at them! They come in a gazillion makes and colors, and you can customize them like crazy. Plus they're decently priced. Sure, they're $500 and up, but compare that with fancy-shmancy mountain bikes, and you've got yourself a deal.
I've got my eye on quite a few of the different styles, including the Amsterdam Classic and Amsterdam Original, the Townie Balloon, and pretty much any of the Cruisers. SO COOL!
I'm looking into these guys pretty seriously, especially since school freaking starts in 2 months. Plus I'll be on vacation for all of July. So yeah, I need to get a move on with my bike shopping (and laptop shopping!).
Anyways, I just thought that these bikes were too cool to keep to myself. Check them out and tell me what you think of them. :)

4 comments:

  1. Wow...beginning to think we are the same person lol! When I read "My goal is to eventually live in a city where I won't need a car"...it actually kind of freaked me out! I've been saying that for a super-long time now. I don't even have my license lol.
    I have a Schwinn cruiser and I love, love, love it. It looks old fashioned, only a bit jazzier :P My friend has an electra and it's goooorgeous, but she got a super-expensive one. Just be careful, because the more expensive looking the bike, the more likely it is that it will be stolen. Happy riding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meg - I have my license ... it's pretty much a necessity in a big, sprawling city like Houston. San Antonio is much smaller, and much more walking-centric (can't think of the right word for that).
    The Schwinns are definitely super awesome, yay for you. :)
    And yeah, that's what the bike store man said too ... he advised getting a very good lock.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What cool bikes! I love the designs on them. Also the colors you can get on the original. I love the light purple and also the mint. I really admire that you will be using a bike instead of a car. Won't you still need a car to go home? I'd also love to live in NY. Definitely too much money to live there. The rent is outrageous and the apartments are just closets. But still it would be so exciting. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lcuy - I know, right?!
    And thanks. :) Yeah, I'll need a car to get home, but like 10 or 20% of the kids there are from the Houston area, so I don't think I'll have a problem hitching a ride.

    ReplyDelete