Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Oops, Old Lady Polish

Y'all, just look at what I did to my hands. I made them suffer through a round of old-lady-polish! Quite needlessly, I might say. I have for y'all today Japanese Rose Garden by OPI ... I'm guessing that it's from a Japanese collection somewhere?
I bought it because of the name ... I'm a sucker for anything with the word 'rose' in it. ;) Unfortuneately, this is not a nice rose. This is a grandma rose.
JRG is a mauvey pink with white and blue pearl. The pearl makes it a little more interesting, but it's still ew. I don't hate it enough to put it in the 'ugly' category, but it's close.
Oh, and don't believe these pictures. They make it look pretty ... it's NOT. ;)

11 comments:

  1. Well I must be an ole lady. I think it's quite pretty. But I do like the dark colors best. Once in a while I like the ole lady colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucy - Oops, sorry if I offended you! I can kind of see how it would work for some occasions ... but I'm really not fond of it. If the mauve part was taken out I think I would like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it might depend on what you're wearing. Dark colors are probably much more acceptable than pastel ones. And I think muumuus are out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Candace - Well, pastel colors can be cool, especially when they are mod. But this is neither pastel or dark. It is just weird. Hur, maybe I should buy a muumuu and a cigarette holder and go outside and yell at people. This would be when we're living in NYC, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES. Please, let's do this. And we should have at least 4 cats that we don't clean up after properly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol! I hate when that happens! I have this one polish that my son calls "Delores" because he says it looks like someone named Dolores would wear it. Sorry Delores's out there! You have an old lady name! Those old lady polishes just creep up and surprise you don't they!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous - Haha, that's awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You didn't offend me at all. I just cracked up at all the rest of the comments!But now that I'm looking at it again I can see the rolled down stockings and slippers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My Mom bought this for her and my baby sister, and I am trying it on right now. I actually quite like it, though it isn't really a "me" colour! (Blues, greens, red and light pinks/peaches all the way)

    ReplyDelete