Saturday, April 18, 2009

To Drink, Or Not To Drink? Ok, yeah, that was bad.

This is the last of China Glaze's Summer Days collection that I own ... I don't have either of the reds. I've contemplated Cherry Pie, but I don't think I'll end up getting it.
I of course had to buy Grape Juice. I mean, it's purple! How could I not get it? ;) And not only is it purple, it is sparkly silvery purple! Meaning that it is chock-full of silver sparkles. Or rather, silver glass-fleck thingys. This gives it an effect that is a teensy bit like a more laid-back version of Rescue Beauty Lounge Locavore.
I do not think that this looks like actual grape juice. Grape juice is dark! Like a royal purple! This is light! To my mind, this is amethyst. Beautiful sparkly amethyst.
I used 3 coats in order to get maximum opacity. Excuse the tip wear in this photo, I had this manicure on for a few days before I managed to take some pictures!

1 comment:

  1. This color is so pretty! I agree that it isn't grape juicy, but it is lovely. I definitely want to get it.

    ReplyDelete